San Francisco, CA
Certification: Version 4 Platinum
How we solved the challenge
One Sansome Street sits atop a base that includes portions of a historic building that once housed the Anglo & London Paris National Bank. When it was acquired by Barker Pacific Group and Prudential Real Estate Investors, the occupancy had fallen to 75% and common areas needed refurbishing. The BPG and Prudential joint venture is investing about $20 million to upgrade the building, and the capital improvements will include renovating the historically significant atrium area.
BuildingWise was called in to re-certify the whole building, and after our assessment, we encouraged Barker Pacific to undertake the new LEED EB Version 4, as well as undertake a LEED CI for a large incoming government tenant. In August, 2014, the building received Platinum certification.
- Earned all available transportation and energy points
- Earned Demand Response Program recognition
- Earned all available points for indoor water use
- 91.32% of the janitorial products (by cost) are sustainable, from compostable garbage can liners to floor sealers.
- Achieved a solid waste diversion rate of 78.31% (above the “exemplary performance” threshold)
- No pesticides used during the entire performance period; pest management innovations include use of mini wasps and nematodes